2019-09-11

Raising the Legion: Week 7

It certainly doesn't look like progress this week, but I'm actually excited.

First off, the health issues are finally starting to clear up so I actually have time and energy to work on this in earnest again.  Secondly, while it doesn't look like a lot of progress was made, there was a lot done.  Wrapped up the elements that needed to be Leadbelcher, all the pre-shade touch-up work was completed, the Nuln Oil shade was applied, and all the Macragge blue was redone to brighten the armor up.  It's all downhill from here since the only major color left is the Liberator Gold elements.  Everything else is detail work like helmet lenses, decorative elements, and rivets.  Well, there's decals and base decor to do but those are fairly easy to get done in an assembly-line fashion.

"Say 'What?!' one more time, heretic!"

Which means ten models should be moving on the tracker to completion by this coming Monday, leaving just five squad members to be painted.  I'm going to break out the airbrush for the Macragge Blue base coat, to see if I can simplify the process that way.

Then I think I need a short break from painting blue things.  Luckily I have a Techmarine that I need to paint.  They are supposed to be red, so he'll definitely be a nice change of pace.  I think I'll also make sure all his servitors are painted up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment