2019-11-30

Painter's Log 2019-11-30

Now that the Thanksgiving Food Coma and Black Friday Frenzy are over in the United States...

I could have been finished with ten Mortek Guard this week, but after the burnout I experienced with painting the Ultramarines, I'm not going to push myself that hard.  Suffice to say, they will likely be done this week as there are only a handful of details and cleanup left to do.
Don't spill paint, guys.

It was not a very eventful week over all, except for spilling paint on a table.  Then being dumb and squeezing a dropper bottle hard enough to squirt VMC Blue Violet on the table, water pot, my project box, the brushes, the notebook, and mostly onto the palette.

Most of the week was spent getting the white bone trim and the armor done.  With the armor getting done on Friday, things progressed quickly.  Rivets got done, the eyes were dotted, and the weapons got their base coat.  I decided to paint the greatswords with RMS Adamantium Black, though I'm probably going to do an edge highlight of Gauss Blaster Green for a very subtle glow effect.  I need to obtain another bottle of Adamantium Black, however, as mine has become sludge inside the bottle.

I've already started working on the next model, which is a Mortisan Soulreaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment