2016-11-21

Miniature Monday 11/21/16

This is going to be a photo heavy post.  And I'm slightly tired of painting blue at the moment.

But that's because I finally finished painting a ten-man Tactical Squad of Ultramarines.  I know I have posted photos of some of these models before, but it feels good to put them all in one place.  As usual, every time I look at a large resolution picture of my models, I notice all these mistakes I didn't notice before.  Which I'm actually okay with since if I didn't notice them during my inspection and touch up phase, they're probably not going to get noticed by a casual inspection of the model.










I've got other goodies I was working on this week.

I don't normally show work in progress pictures, but I am pretty happy with the minor modifications I made to a Forge World Legion Praetor model.  It's pretty much a plastic Space Marine head and the addition of an Iron Halo.  I'm not sure which kit the head came from.  It still amazes me how much changing the head of a model will affect its overall appearance.  Also I put him on a 32mm base because every other model I have in power armor or artificer armor is on a 32mm.


Then there's this guy.  I wanted to do something other than blue for a bit.  He is the color test for a bunch of Tempestus Scions that are going to stand in for the Solar Auxilia army from the Horus Heresy material.  I deliberately used drab colors with less than a handful of brighter spots.  The scheme was also designed to be very quick to paint; something I wish I had done with the Ultramarines.  Oh well, I guess the Ultramarines will just end up being one of those armies I paint to look amazing in its entirety.

I've also got a Lord Marshal I have kitbashed out of parts lying around to show off next week.  Next week because I hope to have a fitting pair of legs for him by next week.  I'm quite happy with how he turned out so far, but the legs definitely needed to be changed.  It was a pair of stock Cadian legs and it just didn't look right with all the other elements going on with the model.

Of course, there's a lot more models to come with the Tempestus Scion/Solar Auxilia army.  Hopefully I can keep up and paint them as fast as I buy them.  Who am I kidding?  I'm just as bad as most hobbyists in that regard.







No comments:

Post a Comment