2017-08-14

Miniature Monday 8/14/2017

Been a little bit.  I will probably not update this blog again until I finish moving.  But in the mean time, here's some pretty models.



I finished up the Primaris Librarian two weeks ago, but never got around to publishing a photo here.  As I am lazy this week, I've put the less nice photo up here.  It was interesting to apply the same basecoat-wash-detail methodology to a figure that is not predominantly gray.  After some consideration, I based his armor with Caledor Sky and washed it with the same Nuln Oil that every other Carcharodon got.  Then all the detail work went in.  The sword was based with white, then glazed with Waywatcher Green twice.  Then a very subtle drybrush of white to just bring out the edges a bit.  Overall very fun to paint and assemble.  Definitely recommend nabbing one if you're a Space Marine fan.

Then I spent some time working on my monstrously sized version of Ghazghkull Thraka.  I've finished detailing out the model, so it's time to primer the unprimered bits and start painting him.  Of course I also need to do a cool base for him, but I'll get to that in a bit I suppose.  Normal-sized Ghazghkull model provided for scale.
Proper sized Ghazghkull and the weedy version.
Most of this head is sculpted from greenstuff.

The boss pole, with a gretchin hanging on for dear life.

Goff clan symbol for a belt buckle, an iron gob for a codpiece.

Ghazghkull's power klaw.

The shooty thing.

A good view of the right side legs and hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment