2017-07-31

Miniature Monday 7/31/2017

New things to show off and discuss!

I have given serious consideration what to do with my Ultramarines, as they're seriously not much fun to paint.  Setting aside the fact that I really want the Horus Heresy rules to be translated into 8th Edition, the sheer amount of time it takes to paint just one Tactical legionnaire is the primary reason they don't get worked on.  So I am probably going to strip the models I have painted and redo things... or repaint the blue armor.  Not entirely sure yet.

Redemptor Dreadnought with victim
Reiver Sergeant
 I acquired a new Redemptor Dreadnought after considering both the flavor of the Carcharodons and the rules for the model.  Since the Carcharodons like to field infantry, I figured their idea of a 'battle tank' is probably a dreadnought.  They have flexibility in that I could drop them down in Dreadnought Drop Pods as well, or cart them around in a Stormraven.  Anyway, the Redemptor is a nice model, but there is a glaring flaw with the armor plates that cover the sarcophagus.  The upper portion is only held in by friction and slight pressure, so it's going to fall out a lot unless you modify the model so that the upper portion is held in place by pegs or pins.  Otherwise a gorgeous model.  Also please note that there are two mount pieces for the big guns to attach to the right arm; you do not need to make the macro plasma incinerator or the heavy onslaught gatling cannon fixed on the model.  It's also quite poseable as well, though the shoulders are loose on second joint in.  Maybe it was just my model.  The Redemptor is massive as well, standing nearly 4" tall.

Reiver
Reiver
Reiver
Reiver
You can also see that I've finished painting the new Easy-To-Build Reivers.  Super scouts, really.  I almost felt like painting one like Jun from Halo Reach.  I guess I could still do that with the spare I have. 

There's a box of the multi-pose Reivers sitting around, but I haven't quite decided how to kit them out yet.  The grav-chute option is really appealing given the Carcharodons' penchant for orbital assaults.  But then I'd have to make fins for my existing reivers.  Wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment