2019-08-21

Raising the Legion: Week 4

Has it really been a whole month since I started this thing?


Not a whole lot of movement on the progress tracker.  You'll probably see that some of the Legion Heavy Support models got moved to the "Needs Primer" category but I'm really where I was last week.  But then, painting ten models in an assembly line fashion is unexpectedly time consuming.  Especially since I want them to look decent.  Darn my methodical painting.

But seriously it's the Macragge Blue that takes the longest, which is why I've been scheming ways to shorten that part of the process.  All the armor is based with it and then I have to layer it on carefully after I cover the model in a black wash to push in all the shadows.  In both cases, once the blue armor is painted everything else is small details.  Those go fairly quickly and frankly once the post-wash blue is finished the model is 90% painted.


That said, I think it's going to feel great when that first Tactical Legion Squad is all finished.  I've been debating what I should paint next, after I get two of the Legion Heavy Support Squads all built out.  I'm torn between painting a few infantry characters or one of the dreadnoughts, and I'm leaning towards a dreadnought because I don't have much experience painting vehicles.

Coming along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment