2019-08-28

Raising the Legion: Week 5

Sometimes life and a lack of motivation get in the way.

Mostly life this time, which affected my energy and therefore my ability to want to paint.  I got the gray hose parts painted and then fell into a bit of slump with the lack of energy.  This in turn contributes to a feeling that I'm not going to get all this stuff done.  Especially since nothing moved on the tracker this week; it's all still painting the same ten guys.

Painting the weapons red...
So I made it a point to paint today.  I admit to psyching myself up by going to Google Image Search and looking at painted 30k Ultramarines; this helped for some reason.  Not that I could tell you how it helped, but suddenly I had the desire to go paint those weapon cases red because that would feel like progress.

That said, painting the weapon casings red proved to be a bit tricky in the case of the models that were primered blue.  They required about three thin coats of Mephiston Red to get a really nice solid color.  More and more I'm reconsidering the use of primer that's not white, black, or gray.  It's proving to be kind of a pain in the butt since the color primer (whether it's Army Painter Ultramarine Blue or Citadel Macragge Blue) has a definite grainy texture and requires more paint as I mentioned above.

Anyway, onward to Week 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment